Based in the city of Exeter, Devon County Council (DCC) is the county council administering the English county of Devon.
As a progressive organization DCC had been an early adopter of document imaging and document management technology. Whilst this foresight had provided significant benefits for the organisation one of the document managements systems employed had reached end-of-life. This presented a risk to DCC as the system held employee data which needed to be retained for a significant period of time in order for DCC to be compliant.
As a result of this situation DCC identified a migration of data and capability to a new platform as a suitable way forward. Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Content Manager became a candidate given that DCC already used the platform and its forward longevity as a supported HP platform was key to mitigate the main risk associated with the legacy system.
- Migration of over 1 million documents and meta data from a legacy document management system source to HPE Content Manager into a compliant file plan.
- High volume of source documents.
- Different document types in the source.
- Different document profiles in the source.
- Minimal tolerance for data loss.
- Source archive still being updated.
- Migration of documents and meta data into HPE Content Manager.
- Automated routing of migrated documents into the correct location in a new, compliant, file plan.
- Integration of existing imaging (scanning) system to HPE Content Manager.
- Integration of existing HR system to HPE Content Manager.
- High performance, high volume migration process.
- Reconciliation of source and destination systems.
- Managed migration, handling user’s requirements to update the archive.
- Reduced platform and risk with migration to a supported platform.
- Reduced platform risk with improved solution documentation and handover to DCC staff.
- Increased user efficiency with improved EDRMs.
- Increased user efficiency with improved imaging process.
- Increased infrastructure efficiency by using existing HP infrastructure.
- Assisted DCC in achieving compliance with a supported platform and compliant file plan.