Completing a successful DocuWare to SharePoint content migration normally involves some transformation and remapping of the content to accommodate the move from an older scan, storage and retrieval system (DocuWare) to a contemporary system (SharePoint).
Our migration offering greatly improves the precision and speed of a DocuWare to SharePoint migration by retaining key aspects of the content and loading it directly into SharePoint via our high performance destination connector in a single step.
- Older scanned (imaged) documents are often stored as single page TIF or JPG files in ImageNow. These are normally converted to multipage PDF during migration.
- Compound documents (electronic) are normally grouped in a containing folder or document set.
- Document properties (meta data) is retained.
- And more…
- Cabinets – Many clients choose to migrate each cabinet to a corresponding document library of the same name in SharePoint. Other approaches are available.
- Folder Structure – Many clients opt to introduce a folder structure for content in SharePoint based on the available meta data.